Rede is a small, savvy team of energy management engineers working exclusively with facility management teams in rural schools across western Canada. In fact, when it comes to rural school energy management planning, we’re the experts. You can trust Rede to deliver practical know-how in all aspects of energy management:
- Reducing energy costs
- Planning and executing continuous energy upgrades
- Engaging and creating energy-saving ambassadors, and
- Meeting school carbon footprint reduction deadlines.
Rede has developed a tried and tested continuous improvement system for energy management in rural schools.
No matter where your school is in the cycle, we’re ready to step in and help you move forward. We’re flexible; let us lead the way with full energy optimization oversight (Energy Management Program/EMP), or if you already have an energy manager and have started the process, we can join your team and provide support with the components you can’t get to.
Comprehensive Energy Management Program
Designed to provide schools with full-service energy management, EMP covers all the bases. Ideal for school facility managers lacking dedicated internal energy management resources, Rede’s engineering team can step into the role, act as your project manager, and move your school energy management program forward.
Detailed Energy Audits
We handle school capital equipment audits, and then we can manage capital equipment upgrade projects.
Rede can take care of building automation optimization, and then manage its implementation.
Strategic Energy Management Plan
We develop comprehensive oversight and energy management optimization plans of resources for your school facilities.
Energy Management Information Systems
Get detailed reports focused on providing staff with building energy consumption data to promote reduction strategies.
Leadership and Student Engagement
Rede gets leadership (Quantum) and students (SEP) involved and educated in school energy efficiency strategies.
Benchmark Energy Assessment
We can analyze recent consumption to show obvious gaps and areas for improvement.
Government Incentive Application
Rede can identify and manage government funding opportunities to reduce energy consumption for you.
Measurement, Tracking, and Reporting
We continuously track, measure, and report on current school energy consumption.
- Rede works exclusively with rural school districts and understands your environment
- Has a tried and tested continuous improvement system for school energy conservation
- Flexible approach—can either lead your program or provide support with program components
- A team of friendly, capable, and experienced energy engineers
- Delivers energy savings and a guaranteed pay-back over time
A few of our school district clients shared their thoughts and experiences with us.
- "Working with Matthew Redekopp and the Rede team has been an excellent experience. What we most appreciate is Matthews’s ability to really listen to our challenges, then come up with innovative and effective solutions. For example, when we expressed frustration with getting students onboard with our energy conservation program, he developed and delivered a powerful student engagement program. The students really enjoy his approach and style—and we know that when students get engaged and enthusiastic, is when they learn best. We’re happy to have a capable team to work with, that understands the issues, to help with projects we just can’t get to; we look forward to working with Rede far into the future."
Rob Collison, Director of FacilitiesSunshine Coast School District #46, Gibsons, BC
- "Matthew Redekopp and the Rede team were a terrific asset for SD59 in getting our school energy management program underway. We really appreciated their depth of knowledge, innovative solutions, and positive approach. It was good to execute on a prioritized plan that would deliver tangible savings and pay-backs."
Gerry Slykhuis, Secretary TreasurerPeace River South School District #59, Dawson Creek, BC
- "Rede has worked with us on several successful school energy projects over the course of five years or more. Because of the team’s expertise and familiarity with our buildings and systems, we’ve come to rely on its responsiveness and guidance—and we’d hate to lose that. We find everyone at Rede approachable, down-to-earth, and accommodating, and this has allowed us to build a very comfortable working relationship together and learn much more than we expected. We look forward to being able to count on Rede’s team of professionals in the years to come.
Margaret-Ann Hall, Secretary TreasurerFort Nelson School District #81, Fort Nelson, BC
- "As the manager of facilities with 200 staff members taking care of transportation, maintenance, energy management, and health and safety, I wear many hats. I quickly realized that to meet our goals of reducing energy costs and our carbon footprint, we’d need some professionals on board. The Rede team is all about proactively implementing energy solutions—they see a gap—and they take care of it, from planning and overseeing major capital upgrades, to student engagement, to generating meaningful reports. I’ve come to rely on Rede Energy, and the bottom line savings have been significant year over year."
Alex Telford, Manager of Facilities and TransportationCariboo-Chilcotin School District #27, William’s Lake, BC
- "The comprehensive energy studies produced by Rede Energy Solutions Ltd. have played a vital role in helping our district achieve its school energy conservation targets. Their work has successfully helped us reduce our greenhouse gasses, contributed to our capital grant applications, and helped us attain substantial operational savings. I would recommend their team to anyone interested in meaningfully improving their organization’s environmental stewardship direction, while managing building assets more effectively."
Dave Garcia, Director of OperationsPrince Rupert School District #52, Prince Rupert, BC
- "I really appreciated Matthew Redekopp’s confident, straight-forward responses to my questions from our first meeting. We believed we had done a pretty good job at school energy management and conservation ourselves, so we challenged the Rede team to do even better! We were delighted when it did—it has resulted in significant energy cost reductions, improved mechanical/HVAC technology, and a reduction in our school carbon footprint. We are meeting all our goals. It’s a pleasure to work with such passionate professionals who make a personal commitment to our joint successes. I am happy to recommend Rede to fellow school district facility directors."
Ed Hildebrandt, Director of FacilitiesBulkley School District #54, Smithers, BC
Schools Across Western Canada
With multiple schools across western Canada working with Rede to manage energy consumption, reduce costs, and improve carbon footprints, you can be assured Rede is the right choice for your school district.
- Bulkley Valley SD54
- Cariboo-Chilcotin SD27
- Coast Mountain SD82
- Fort Nelson SD81
- Nechaki Lakes SD91
- Nicola Simikameen SD58
- Peace River South SD59
- Prince Rupert SD52
- Sea to Sky SD48
- Stikine SD87
- Sunshine Coast SD46